Slow Cooker Red Velvet Cake
Slow cooker red velvet cake.Delicious cake cooked in slow cooker
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortering
- 1 egg,beaten
- 1 oz(30 g) 1 oz(30 g)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoons white distilled vinegar
- Buttercream Frosting (see recipe below)
- For Buttercream Frosting:
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In large mixing bowl,beat sugar and shortening until well blended.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend well.
- Add food color and cocoa.Beat until well blended.
- Mix in combined flour,soda and salt alternately with combined buttermilk and vinegar,starting and ending with dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into greased and floured 1-ouart dish.
- Place on rack in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2-2½ hors.
- Remove slow cooker red velvet cake to wire rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Invert onto rack and cool.
- 10.Frost slow cooker red velvet cake with Buttercream Frosting.
- In mixing bowl,combine all ingredients.
- Mix to make spreading consistency.
Slow Cooker Red Velvet Cake,